SnapChat Video Views Now Rival Facebook

Snapchat caption

As you are probably aware, SnapChat is the new social media kid on the block compared to veterans like Facebook and Twitter. The new network has particular appeal to 18-34-year olds, but like any other social network, the usage eventually converts to an older audience. This is the magic of social media and why any serious brand should be doing social.

Vertical Video vs. Horizontal Video

According to recent reports, Snapchat now has over 8B video views. What is even more interesting is the fact that SnapChat videos are vertical as opposed to horizontal which seem to fit most social media timelines like Facebook and Twitter.

Research has shown that users are more likely to watch vertical video over horizontal video. In some instances, vertical videos have a completion rate of up to nine times over their horizontal counterpart.

Vertical videos have more appeal

An Engaged Audience

While Facebook boasts photo uploads of between 300-350M per day, this is less than 35% of its 1.59B users. SnapChat on the other hand has over 65% of its users uploading pictures daily. SnapChat’s frequency of use is clearly a selling point that any marketer should consider.

Time spent on popular social networks

Engagement is an important metric when it comes to measuring online success since the more engaged audiences are with a brand, the higher the chances they are going to talk up posts, share products, and offers. SnapChat clearly delivers on the engagement front.

Skewing Towards a Younger Audience

Millennials love SnapChat

SnapChat has the 6th-highest concentration of millennials with 76 percent of them being on SnapChat. With most younger generations using several social networks, it is good to note that SnapChat is not as saturated with ads and brands as Facebook and Instagram. This makes it a better platform to gain visibility quickly and get the attention of this young generation.

Apps on SnapChat

Are you on SnapChat? Are you looking to connect with a more engaged audience? Are you looking to test out a variety of media like video and images to grow your brand? Consider getting onto SnapChat before it gets saturated. It’s working for big brands and it can do the same for you.

 

 

Share This:

Leave a Comment